It can be easy to fall into Casual Friday and never really recover from it. That’s what happened to me — I’d found myself in an accidental clothing slump after weeks of, well … boring outfits.
To combat that, I decided to fancy things up this week. Here’s my not-so-casual Friday look: floral on floral with pops of gold.
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Heels: Liz Claiborne
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
“‘Matching’ is not matching” — my own style motto — in full force, which made me feel confident today. When I put max effort into my outfit, I’ve found that I am more focused on working and getting things done, not on my messy hair or my v-neck that I don’t like so much.
Speaking of “getting things done,” today I:
- attended a bridge dedication
- had a meeting with WVWC Office of Public Relations
- reported on a motorcycle accident in the county
- prayed for my husband as he took his first organic chemistry exam (yuck)
- ate chocolate (yum)
- and lime jello with mandarin oranges in it (more yum)
And now I’m kicking off the weekend with ABC’s “Shark Tank” and “20/20” before I start writing my five news stories for the weekend.
Happy Friday night!